Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has got off to a decent start in terms of both reviews and sales but the multiplayer is a goddamn slippery slope which needs fixing, and fast. COD: Modern Warfare is hugely unbalanced right now, features some series worst map design, and heavily favours campers.
Thankfully, Modern Warfare’s next weekly update is rolling out right now and takes another stab at rectifying some of the chief problems with the online shooter. Perhaps most notably, both the 725 shotgun and the M4 assault rifle are being hit with a second wave of nerfs, reducing the ranche and the headshot damage respectively. These two guns have been OP since launch, the 725 in particular, and the last patch went nowhere near far enough in terms of bringing them into line. Fingers crossed it’s worked out this time.
The other big change is some reworking on Piccadilly. Widely regarded as one of the worst maps in COD: Modern Warfare, and with good reason, Infinity Ward has now tuned the spawn locations for TDM and Domination which should help reduce base camping. The Domination B flag has now also been moved to the buses rather than the absolutely lethal found at the centre of the map.
It’s not all slapping everyone down though. A few guns have received some loving too, including the much maligned FAL. This burst rifle has more kickback than an angry mule but recoil has now been reduced and ADS speed increased.
You can see the full patch notes below and it should be rolling out to PC, PS4, and Xbox One any time now.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare November 12th Patch Release Notes
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress