Gears 5’s ‘Tech Test’ kicks off today on both PC and Xbox One, allowing Xbox Game Pass members of all shapes and sizes to head in early and give Gears 5 a shot before its September launch. If you’re rocking an AMD graphics card then it comes highly recommended you install the latest Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.2 GPU driver. This includes official support for the Gears of War 5, ensuring optimum performance on AMD Radeon graphics cards.
With these summer months seemingly bereft of big new releases, the Gears 5 tech test is pretty much it for this driver release. Of course, the Radeon Adrenalin 19.7.2 driver does also come with the usual array of fixes and known issues which owners of the new Radeon RX 5700 series should take particular note of.
Of particular interest is a fix for flickering when using a Radeon RX 5700 or 5700 XT with Valve’s new Index headset, as well as a number of known issues concerning the RX 5700 series and compatibility with League of Legends, Fortnite, and Windows 7. If it sounds like this could affect your gameplay experience then you may want to skip this particular driver release.
Radeon Adrenalin 19.7.2 Fixed Issues
- Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook is currently unavailable.
- Textures in Star Wars Battlefront II may appear pixelated or blurry when using DirectX 11 API.
- With Radeon Image Sharpening enabled, Radeon Overlay may flicker in DirectX 9 applications or games.
- Valve Index headset may experience flicker for approximately 30 seconds when launching SteamVR on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
- Auto Tuning controls in Radeon WattMan may fail to apply to per-game profiles when global Radeon WattMan changes are made.
- Some enemies may experience yellow texture/color corruption in DOOM.
- Auto Tuning features in Radeon WattMan may show max values instead of increased values when the Auto Tuning results screen is shown.
- Radeon WattMan memory clock gauge may fail to update when memory clock changes have been made.
- AMD Display Drivers may fail to uninstall when using express uninstall on Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
Radeon Adrenalin 19.7.2 Known Issues
- AMD Log Utility Driver may intermittently fail to install on Windows 7 system configurations.
- Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in-game.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Minor stuttering may occur when playing Fortnite during the first few minutes of gameplay on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
- Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics may experience a black screen during uninstall on Windows 7 system configurations. A workaround is to perform uninstall in safe mode.
- Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may result in blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows 7 system configurations.
- League of Legends may fail to launch on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows 7 system configurations.
As always, the latest AMD driver can be auto-updated through your current Adrenalin installation or grabbed directly from AMD's site.