Shadow of the Tomb Raider has dropped today, and Team Red users looking to get the best possible performance should probably be grabbing the new AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 graphics card driver.
AMD’s 18.9.1 GPU drivers provide official support for both Shadow of the Tomb Raider the upcoming Star Control Origins, the rebirth of the classic space exploration RPG that’s out on September 20th.
Aside from this, it’s a fairly low-key driver so it’s probably not a necessity unless you’re picking up either of these two titles. There are a handful of fixed issues though, and one related to Radeon FreeSync and Monster Hunter World could be handy for some, although there a couple of outstanding issues that could prove problem for anyone using integrated Vega graphics on AMD’s newer chips.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Fixed Issues
- Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Monster Hunter: World.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes not appear in the right-click context menu on Windows® desktop after Radeon Software installation.
- AMD Link may fail to connect on Android Pie devices due to authentication failures.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes popup an error message due to Driver and Radeon Settings version mismatch.
- Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.
- Some DirectX 12 gaming applications may experience instability while recording with Radeon ReLive on system configurations using Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Known Issues
- Some AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics system configurations may experience a black screen during installation downgrade to a previous Radeon Software version. A recommended workaround is to perform a clean install during Radeon Software installation.
- Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
- System configurations with 16+ CPU cores may experience a random system reboot during installation when upgrading Radeon Software from a version older than RSAE 18.8.1. A clean installation is recommended when performing this Radeon Software upgrade.
As per usual the latest AMD Radeon driver can be download through your current Adrenalin installation, or you can download it manually from over here.
If you’re an Nvidia user then Nvidia has published its own GeForce 399.24 driver for optimised Shadow of the Tomb Raider PC performance.