Deus Ex: Mankind Divided continues the hugely popular Deus Ex series. Set in the near future, the player again takes on the role of Adam Jensen, who has now joined a new organisation responsible for eliminating the ever-growing terrorist threat.
Using a variety of augmentation enhancements the player can upgrade equipment and skills. Each upgrade represents a game changing ability that the player can use to their advantage. No one path is offered to Adam when solving missions, which presents stealth, hacking, combat or diplomatic solutions to each situation you will face.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Release Period: Early 2016
Platforms Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is available on: PC, PS4 XBox One
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided full development began: 2013
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Background: It's 2029 and augmented humans have been categorised as social outcasts, completely segregated from normal society.
Adam Jensen operates as a covert ops specialist, hunting down terrorists for Task Force 29. But he has no choice but to interact with a world and help save those that despise his kind. Deus Ex Mankind Divided will offer Adam a new arsenal of top-end weapons and augmentations with which to complete his objectives. He must constantly assess the best course of action, along with who to trust, in order to unravel a vast worldwide conspiracy.
What we know about Deus Ex Mankind Divided
- Open-world, first-person shooter, role-playing game
- You play as Adam Jensen, protagonist from the previous Deus Ex title
- Set in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution, in the city of Prague
- FYI - Original Deus Ex was set in 2052
- Augmented individuals are now feared by "naturals" following the Panchaea Incident, in Human Revolution, where Augmented people mindlessly attacked the rest of the population.
- The player will be working for an anti-terrorist group known as Task Force 29, funded by Interpol
- Adam also collaborates covertly for a hacker group called the Juggernaut Collective
- Abilities you can upgrade range through the following categories: combat, social, hacking, stealth
- There are numerous factions that each will have their own agenda. Sometimes you will be against them, sometimes working for them, depending on your choices
- Depending on your approach to how you complete a mission, it could have certain consequences to your particular story. If you complete a mission using covert tactics then story options may be different to you compared to if you hack your way through systems or just turn to all out open warfare
- [Spoiler of previous game] Adam Jensen discovered the Illuminati and now suspects they are the shadowy group that sits behind a lot of the terrible actions happening around the world
- It is possible to play through the entire game without killing anyone or being detected
- New augmentations options include: detachable nano-ceramic blade, a protective nanoshield, and a fist-mounted electro-shock system akin to modern-day Tasers
- An augmentation exists allowing Adam to tag and take down enemies silently
- Some enemies will be augmented with similar upgrades, making them particularly challenging
- There is no save progress transfer from Human Revolution to Mankind Divided
- Different parts of different endings from Human Revolution will combine to make the real history, based on rumours that spread
Characters in Deus Ex Mankind Divided
The player. Covert operative. Augmented. 36 years old, 6'1", 182lbs
Alex is a pilot and supports Adam. 35 years old, 5'8", 125lbs
Adams VTOL pilot. Exfiltrates Adam from missions. 46 years old, 5'11", 185lbs
Radical member of ARC. Heavily Augmented. 38 years old, 6'3", 245lbs
Leader of ARC. Augmented. 41 years old, 6'3", 225lbs
Deus Ex Mankind Divided Game Engine
Mankind Divided will run on the Dawn Engine. This new Dawn Engine was announced in December 2014 and is based off the Glacier game engine, that powered Hitman Absolution in 2012.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided System Requirements (Speculative)
- OS: Windows 7 or Windows 8 and above - 64bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3330 3.0GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1065T
- RAM: 8 GB System Memory
- GPU VRAM: 2GB
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 280
- HD: 30 GB Free Hard Drive Space (speculative download size)
- DX: DirectX 11
I loved the last game and this one, accompanied by an updated game engine, certainly gets me excited. The recommended system requirements for Mankind Divided will likely be pretty high, but we expect some breadth on the minimum requirements to enable a range of lower end machines to run the latest Deus Ex.
Check out the latest E3 2015 trailer for DE:MD to get your augmentations warmed up for Deus Ex Mankind Divided's explosive release in 2016.